Thursday, October 10, 2013

Make and Listen Along

~ On Thursdays I will post what I have been making and listening to as creations grow. 
If so inclined post, on your blog or flickr, about what you have been making (on your own or with little hands by your side) and listening to while you create. It can be new music, flash backs, a song or a whole album... whatever you like. You can be stitching with needle & thread, yarn, paper crafting, painting, cooking... and beyond. Share what you are making and the tunes that are fueling your creativity. Then come back to my Thursday Make & Listen Along post and leave a link in the comments so we can be inspired right along with you! ~






Felt butterflies from this book have been super fun to make this week. The first ones were given to KC's girls before I had a chance to take a photo; then my girl claimed one for her own and pinned it up on her curtain. She later came to me with an issue: the antenna needed to be moved to the front of the head, in front of the eyes! (See the first photo above for the location of antenna according to the pattern.) She is a stickler for bug anatomy! I made the change for the ones on the coffee table waiting for their wings and she gave them her stamp of approval. 

Catnip filled mice, dragonflies, and adorable little mammals are all on the wishlist. And some ideas are brewing for even more insects of our own creation; felt mantis anyone? I am thinking we are going to have to hit the thrift shop for more wool sweaters to felt!

Along with the usual music selections, I have been listening to The Human, The Orchid, and The Octopus, by Jacques Cousteau. I would not say it is a book for everyone, but I have been thoroughly enjoying learning more about the man behind the documentaries I watched over and over as a kid. It was the only T.V. I remember watching with my dad and I dreamt of life at sea and undersea exploration!  

Your turn.
Please share what you have been making and the tunes on your playlist. And don't forget to leave a link to your post if you played along; always love visiting your Make and Listen posts!



8 comments:

  1. Oh those butterflies are so cute. I think I might have to make some for a certain little man, he would love them.

    Playing along today http://www.motheringwithmindfulness.com/2013/10/make-and-listen.html

    Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful butterflies and how wonderful to meet up with KC! It's so good to meet up with kindred spirits/blog friends!

    Playing along today with a simple post :)

    http://reneevlast.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/make-and-listen-along-4/

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful butterflies!! And as a knitter I'm eyeing up that button collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!
    I used to watch the Cousteau documentaries too! I will check out the link for the book. Thank you. Have you read the children's book about him?
    I did a quick post:
    http://lifeonacanadianisland.blogspot.ca/2013/10/make-listen-number-twenty-five.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterflies are fabulous!
    We made some little animals as well :)

    http://stitchandpurl.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/making-listening-8/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already know from Twitter that I love those--and the book is now waiting for me at the library!! I'm joining up a day late this week: http://amyhoodarts.com/2013/10/11/make-listen-watercolor-painting/

    ReplyDelete