Thursday, June 20, 2013

Make & Listen Along

~ On Thursdays I will post what I have been making and listening to as creations grow. 
If so inclined post, on your blog or flickr, about what you have been making (on your own or with little hands by your side) and listening to while you create. It can be new music, flash backs, a song or a whole album... whatever you like. You can be stitching with needle & thread, yarn, paper crafting, painting, cooking... and beyond. Share what you are making and the tunes that are fueling your creativity. Then come back to my Thursday Make & Listen Along post and leave a link in the comments so we can be inspired right along with you! ~


We are in Colorado right now and I scheduled this post to show up today because we would not want to spoil the fun and miss a Make & Listen Along!

If our previous trips to Grandma's house are any indication I am sure there is a whole lot of making going on. We will have to share that when we get back!

We left the mountain looking like this... 



so we could make lots of goodies for the road trip and a huge pot of beef stew for our favorite big guy who had to stay behind and hold down the home front work. 

My girl has caught the Sarah bug and has been playing her when she gets the chance to pick. My little guy is still smitten with Smithsonian Folkways

We have also been listening to lots of Garfield comics read by the slightly obsessed young lady of the house. I am told she will grow out of it. She will grow out of it. Right?

I will be checking in with you all when I get the chance!

What have you been making?
What is on your play list?
Please do share!

7 comments:

  1. Love that mountain. The Sarah bug is a good bug to catch :)

    Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to all the making at Grandma's :)

    Sarah is awesome - deffo one of my faves!

    Here's us this week: http://reneevlast.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/make-and-listen-along-2/

    Have a lovely time in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much making or listening this week. Mostly making plans to make. Hope you enjoy your trip. One plan I haven't been able to make is our annual summer trip to Grandma's house. Now that my kids are busy teens, we can't find a week to get away. That makes me both sad and happy for the memories of those trips when they were younger and our life was a bit simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Smithsonian Folkways! It always makes me think of Ella Jenkins- a preschool time hero of mine! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

    http://summerplayshouse.com/2013/06/20/making-listening-2/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that your son is able to lead his learning in such a way. What a fun project. I have been busy crafting a home making curtains. For listening, we have mostly been revisiting our old music which was stored away for a year. And of course lot of audiobooks. http://esmerlda27.blogspot.com/2013/06/letting-sun-shine-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for joining in. I finally got a chance to get over and check out what you have been up to. Love it!

    ReplyDelete